We leave for Canada on February 14, 2019. By then, we have a lot of things to do before we leave.
Checked list before our departure
- Ophthalmologist: to have a few pairs of eyeglasses and sunglasses.
- Dentist: to leave without cavities.
- Doctor: for a health check
- Other appointments with specialists. 🙂
We left our apartment in late September, to live temporarily for a lower cost, before leaving for Montreal in February. We sold most of our stuff, and left a few boxes at our parents’ houses.
- We have already received our international driver’s licenses.
- We bought our airplane tickets.
- Passports updated.
Check-list before we leave to Canada
- Sell our two cars.
- Cancel our vehicle insurance contracts.
Before we leave, we need to get a travel insurance.
- Inform taxes and banks that we are going abroad.
- Madeleine will have to apply for an AVE (authorization to travel to Canada) if she does not obtain the Work-Holiday-Visa by then.
- Apply for a certificate from the bank to prove our finances when we arrive at customs in Montreal.
- Open an account in a Canadian bank via the Internet.
- Cancel our cell phone subscriptions before we leave.
Check-list for when we arrive in Canada
On arrival, we will have several things to do, like:
- Go to the bank.
- Buy a cell phone subscription.
- Register on the consular lists.
- Pierre-Adrien will need to get his social insurance number in Canada in order to be able to work.
- Once we find a camper to buy, we will have to dig into insurances.